- Making music is fun.
- Everyone can make music.
- Reduces loneliness and social exclusion.
- Music groups can also help generate pride.
- Making music improves health and wellbeing. There is scientific evidence to prove this.
- Almost no public cost and contribute to support other voluntary organisations through donations and fundraising.
- Performances support a range of musical traditions.
- Provide an opportunity for experimentation, innovation and new composers to practise their craft.
Here are some other resources
Ten ideas for the singer who doesn’t think they can practise on their own.
Why amateur music making matters